I don't really have a name of what I was working on, until my sister called it "a fucked up santa clause."
So KLaus it is I guess.
A druid, tree dude thing... wahoo.
As modeled by my brother. Rather begrudgingly.
These above photos were from all the way when I initially made this, originally had a hood.
Later on did a revision and switch on for an elastic band. Wool is easy to hold the heat of breath in.
Started out with a long dowel skewer that I slowly bent around my own head. Slowly. Too fast would snap the wood.
After easing the curve in, I forced it in by binding the wood into a loop with twine and rubber bands.
The loop would not stay when unbound, but it would exagerate the curve.
Had to leave it like so for a weeks time, make the wood get used to the new shape.
Enforced the wood with yarn wound around, dipped in glue.
During the time it took for the dowel to hold its own curve, I wetted together what would be the face.
Made teeth and other such parts.
Constructing the head together.
Decided to fill in the area of the bear with some small buds, berries and flowers.
Some half-assed wetting and then pushed the shape of petals with the needle.
A mask needs a way to be attached to the wearer, so I went with making an entire hood, tile spanning over two feet long.
(WHICH MONTHS LATER I DECIDED TO TEAR OFF AND JUST USE A STRETCHY STRAP TO HAVE ON.)
And a frill to have between.
At the time I didn't have a styrofoam head to use, so I did the next thing. Use a ball and some chopsticks.
With that i was able to put it all together and see what I was doing.